Monday, March 5, 2007

FIRST STRAY EGGPLANT IN DENMARK


OWNER'S NAME: Katherine

LOCATION: Sønderborg, Denmark

EGGPLANT QUOTE: paints with a positive paintbrush

COMMENTS: Katherine Scrivens Nielsen is an English painter living in Denmark. Her customized eggplant is a quote from an art critic about her work. In her artist statement, she says "My work is I suppose, the eternal and ongoing search for the truth and truthfulness. I guess I am trying to reach God through my art. If I am truly honest and I acknowledge my core of self – I have I admit, doubts of his existence. But my creative heart refuses to listen to this internal murmur. I am therefore compelled to paint uplifting messages to the souls of others and to my own."

Below is an example of one of her uplifting, positive paintings, entitled "Over the Rainbow."


WEBSITE: www.femart.dk

MYSPACE: www.myspace.com/katscrivens

No comments: