Monday, April 7, 2008

A PUPPETEER IS MADE


OWNER'S NAME: Carrie

LOCATION: Green Lane, Pennsylvania

EGGPLANT QUOTE: poof, you're a puppeteer

COMMENTS: "Have you ever heard of the Art-o-Mat? Art-o-Mats are refurbished vintage cigarette vending machines filled with art! And not just any art, art packaged in cigarette-sized packages! What could be more fun than that?!?

"I was first introduced to the Art-o-Mat, when a friend handed me a $5 token at Monkey Hill Antiques in New Hope, PA. My pull, from this odd Bulldog Juggling Art-o-Mat, won me a Stray Eggplant... a grape and green clay eggplant that reads "Poof, you're a puppeteer."

Yes, you heard me... I pulled an inspirational eggplant. And to be honest... I LOVE it!

"Its sits so pretty on my desk next to two gnomes, a medal of Our Lady of Czestochowa which has Pope John Paul II on the other side (I'm a Polish Grandaughter!), and a golden "long life" Buddha, I received from a good friend."

NOTE: Though Carrie got this recently, it is an eggplant from the very first edition, made in 2004. They are no longer made like this one with the quotes glued on. Now the letters are recessed into the clay.

BLOG: She's Gone Wanderin'

No comments: